I found many chapters interesting during this read, including the writer's view on the symbol of sex and, well, not sex. Foster thinks that when the characters have intercourse, it actually means something deeper or different. "It is never just sex." He states. Then, in the next chapter, Foster says that other things could symbolize sex. An object or even an action can hint intercourse. I found this very interesting because at one point he spoke about this bowl and how it was given to one of the characters in a story. He was saying that it meant sex based on the characters and actions during that moment. It started to make sense to me after all the analyzing. I also like the ideas on water and baptism. The whole idea of rebirth was clear. When I read that, I was thinking of movies and stories in which water created rebirth. The first thing that came to mind was Little Mermaid. Even though Ariel was leaving the water, she came out a changed girl.
The idea of heart disease and illness was also interesting. Even though I already figured the heart disease was symbolism of a broken heart or whatever else. But, the idea of just illness was a unique idea. I used to ignore if it was some other disease, but if you think about it, the death says alot about the character.
No comments:
Post a Comment