Monday, November 22, 2010

Dorian Gray 2

So far I have been marking all the parts where I see the "vanity" theme and it definately reoccurs. I've also noticed a lot of comparision between intelligence and beauty, Lord Henry, yet again, said "Beauty is only superficial. That may be so. But at lease it is not so superficial as Thought it." (p24) Lord Henry seems to be the most superficial in the book, but it's interesting because he puts a LOT of thought into all his analysis. I guess it's kind of contradicting because he talks all about how beauty is more important than intelligent, but yet he takes these careful thoughtful steps into discovering all about the truth with "beauty." I also started annotating quotes dealing with time, i'm not sure yet if it's a big topic in the book, but knowing the plot, I thought it could be important.

No comments:

Post a Comment