Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dorian Gray 10

Dorian is at a party with the Duchess, who I think loves him but he is too crazy to return the love, and Harry (as well as a few others.) After a discussion, Dorian faints because he thought he saw James Vane, the man set out to kill him. Also before that, Dorian witnessed a rabbit, who he wished to save, get shot, as well as an unknown man. As I supposed, the man was James Vane. Vane also had a gun with him, so he was probably going to kill Dorian. Dorian was happy to see his killer did, because then he didn't have to worry about his own death anymore.
This section really got me mad. This is the 2nd time that Dorian avoided his death and it also got me mad because 2 great innocent people died: James and Basil. Although Dorian isn't paranoid to die anymore, I think he hates his youthfulness now. And he is also starting to develop guilt for killing Basil, and I don't think it helped when Harry told him he could never changed. Dorian hoped to start a new pure life, but I dont think he successfully can because he is so corrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment