I don't really know what else to talk about, so I decided to talk about the deaths in the book.
Basil: Basil's death was one of the most shocking. But then, because Dorian showed him the portrait and because Basil was basically the symbol of reality, I could predict he would die eventually. And after his death, Dorian went on with his life with little guilty.
Alan Campbell: Alan helped Dorian burn the body so there was no evidence of Dorian killing him. Alan didn't want to help him, but Dorian threatened him, so he couldn't help but rid the body. Soon after, Alan committed suicide. I was surprise he didn't reveal Dorian's secret before he killed himself, but I guess that was just another instance in which Dorian avoided death himself.
James Vane: James set out to kill Dorian after being told who he was, since before all he knew him as was "Prince Charming." It was weird how he died too, because the man who shot him was aiming to kill a rabbit that even Dorian told him not to kill.
Dorian: Dorian's surprised death was probably the most interesting. He just wanted to kill his ugly portrait, hoping that by killing the portrait he would get rid of all the ugliness and evilness in his soul, but because he was so corrupt by his vanity and such, he killed himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment