Sunday, August 15, 2010

1984 blog 15

The ending was so depressing. I definitely didn’t expect this to happen. Winston loving Big Brother! Room 101 was also surprising, but Winston telling them to torture Julia was worse. The power the government controls in this book scares me. Because, what if one day something like this happens to us? Anything is possible, and I know Hitler and Stalin could represent Big Brother, but what if it became as extreme? Well, also while reading I saw some symbols, like the glass with coral. I felt like that was the hope to create a free world. It remained with him, but was smashed when they were caught. Also I was surprised because later in the book, Julia and Winston become emotionless. When they walk by each other, I feel like all passion is loss. No longer exists. Power is an abused weapon, & it frightens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment