Saturday, August 7, 2010
What is the What, Blog 9
I am almost finished with this book. In book 3 of the novel I found out that Acheks parents were indeed alive. Also the United States were starting to accept some of the Lost Boys in their country, flying planes over. I think that now Acheks life is improving greatly and what he wished for is coming true. Although everything is turning out good, I don't think Achek is fully content or all his problems are resolved, or ever will be. I think he has been through so much that he can never right what has been turned wrong. This may not make much sense, because anyone might think that Achek going to America and knowing his parents were alive would be a happy ending, but I am not convinced this is what he truly desires. As I have stated in previous blogs, I think Achek wants the outside world to be aware of what happened to Sudan and to do something about it. In the reading, he again kept switching his audience to all the gym members that came through to his work. Maybe this book won't have a satisfying ending, but perhaps the book itself is what Acheck truly hoped for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment