Monday, August 16, 2010
Kite Runner Blog 20
I really enjoyed this book. Sohrab scared me though when he tried to commit suicide after hearing he might go back to an orphanage. But after spending some time with his new family he started to become more comfortable, although this didn't show to the very end when they were flying kites and he had a little half smile. After reading, I think the kids symbolize joy and youth. i think that because anytime one of them flies a kite, they become happy and think back to their childhood. It's that moment when the kite is in the air, that they are content and no worries seem to appear. Also, I think the main character struggled a lot, with himself and others. He constantly fought himself and let his guilt build up. He also was trying to be accepted by his father, so he tried to change who he really was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment