Thursday, August 5, 2010

What is the What, blog 8

I've started "book 2" within What is the What and found he truly does switch his audience. He begins to talk to Julian, the hospital receptionist, about his struggles. Im starting to see a pattern in his audiences. I feel like now, he just wants someone to truly understand him, and not anyone in particular, just an American who doesn't understand true pain. Valentino, or Achek, starts recalling his school days when he met the "Royal Sisters." And he also begins to tell his story of his relationship with Tabitha. Reading it, it seemed so unreal for Achek. He was so used to struggling to survive and he feels like now he is given a gift from God, or a break at the least. I also think that now in my readings his life is starting to turn around. He sees the "White Man" visit, which is a good sign, and also the priest from his village came. He told him the story of how he gave him the name Valentino and that he was his favorite Saint. I really found it interesting also how he said that Valentino can give someone the gift to see. I think that maybe throughout this story maybe thats why he is switching his audiences. He's trying to enlighten someone. Trying to open their eyes to the real struggles and pains that some of the world is enduring. He is refusing to be a silent witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment